Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was a lot of fun.
We went to Burley this year, and met with about 70 family members. It was great to be surrounded by aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings, and grandparents.
The food was great as always. Maddie had a wonderful time with her cousins as well as some newly made friends/second cousins(I guess that's what they are).
After lunch, we had our traditional talent show/testimony meeting. It's a great way to catch up on what each family has been doing and see their kids' talents. Maddie wanted to do a 'bridge' like she does in gymnastics. She was very proud to do it in front of everyone and have them all clap for her. It was fun watching Maddie do that and remember back when me and Sara used to do our gymnastics trick in that same room when we were little.
It really was such a fun day and well worth the quick trip (we had to come back home because Andy gets to be at Sports Authority at 4:30 A.M. for the black Friday shopping day).
It is such a blessing to spend time with my dear family, especially my grandparents who are responsible for such a wonderful posterity (4 children, 25 grandchildren, and I think 81 great grandchildren).
Maddie, Savannah, Kaisa, Miriam helping Kaisa open her birthday gift. Happy Birthday Kaisa!

Garen trying to get used to all the people and trying to snag a basketball from someone

Grandma Sue helping the girls with their lunch

Kaisa and Maddie sitting very quietly during the whole meeting

Grandma Young giving her beautiful thoughts and thanks

Grandpa Young giving his words of wisdom we all look forward to hearing

Here is the end of Grandpa's comments. I thought you might like to listen, Sara. I hope you can hear it, his voice is getting much more quiet-but powerful non the less.

3 comments:

Ben and Sara said...

Em-
Thanks for posting the pictures and the video of Grandpa. I'm glad you videod a little bit up it. He always says such wonderful things. Looks like it was a fun day!! We will see you soon!!!!

Robnz Fam said...

How fun. I'm glad you got to make it down too, even for a short trip. Such fun memories for you and Maddi, Garen, and Andy forever! I posted about our Thanksgivin' fun too, but for some reason it won't post. I don't know why, I think it's just me being computer illiterate (spelling too, I can't think of how to spell that word) again..:0)

suz young said...

We were glad your family could come and it was a great Thanksgiving get-together. Can you believe we still have the privilege of having Grandma and Grandpa with us at Thanksgiving. They are so gracious and handle the infirmities of age with such dignity.