Sunday, November 18, 2007

Our Week...

It has been a busy week, a good week, but busy.
Andy is working 6 days a week now that we are into the Holiday seasons. Even though he's rarely home, I really appreciate his hard work and the effort he puts into playing with the kids when he is around.

I did my usual changing diapers, making meals, driving Maddie to ballet, gymnastics and preschool. Aside from my mom duties this week, I substituted the gifted and talented class for two days, babysat Avery, and did a Pampered Chef party at a sorority house up on campus.

It was fun to chat and make a meal with these sorority girls (some were my same age or just younger which was kind of weird). Being up there with all those college girls
1. made me miss going to school and
2. made me realize how quickly your life and priorities change as soon as kids come into the picture.
Most of the things the girls were excited about or worried about are things I haven't thought about in years. It actually made me glad that I am no longer in that boat-I found the man I want to be with for the rest of my life, I know what I want career wise and I have two beautiful children-I'm so glad I'm not still in the dating game!

Last night we were glad to have Andy's parents over for dinner. It's nice to have family so close.
And right now I should be at church but Garen is still napping and if I were to wake him and go to church I would spend the whole sacrament meeting in the hallway with a crabby baby.-So we will be going in time to teach our Sunday school class. (Just a side note-ONE MORE MONTH AND GAREN GOES TO NURSERY!)
And that's the jist of my week and tomorrow starts it all over again! Isn't life exciting!

Here are some pictures I took this morning before church, just for fun-

6 comments:

Alisha Wilkins said...

I second you on the glad I'm not in the dating game anymore! I had fun growing up and all, but I wouldn't change being married or have a kid for the world!

Sounds like your church is at a great time like ours....right during nap time! It is hard, we are getting home right when Taylor is usually waking up from her nap! Next year will be so much easier!
I would say hope things slow down for you, but it's the holidays...things never seem to slow down this time of year!

Hewards said...

Hey Emily,
How is your sis. I love your blog and you have the cutest fam!
tylerandgarianne.blogspot.com

Hewards said...

Okay I'm so crazy
tylerandgarianneheward.blogspot.com

Ben and Sara said...

Cute pictures! I love Maddie's poses. I spent all of Sacrament Meeting out in the hall too. Every time I would walk into the chapel Colton would yell "NO,NO,NO" and I would walk right back out. I also had to spend the last two hours of church in the nursery with Colton because he freaks out everytime we even walk close the Nursery Room door. It did alright with me in there so hopefully in the next couple weeks we will be able just to drop him off. Anyway, so much for getting a spiritual lesson, but I know they won't be little forever.

Robnz Fam said...

Oh, yet another thing Seth and I get to look forward too :0)! Emi spends the Sunday at church in her carseat...and LOVES it. But, what am I going to do when she is too old for it?! I love those pics Em. Garen is so adorable, and getting so big. Maddi is just as beautiful as ever, just like her mommy!

suz young said...

That dress is so cute! Maddie sure knows how to pose. It is amazing how cute they look in the pictures, but I know what it takes to get them ready (and still) to take a shot. Precious moments!