Saturday, November 24, 2007

Girls Day Out



Maddie is now getting old enough that I can take her to more grown-up events. Today Maddie and I met my friend Brenda to go to the Nutcracker ballet. It was beautiful and Maddie's attention was captured by the fun dances almost the whole two hours. She kept saying that someday she would dance like them.

taking a break during intermission-

Maddie and Brenda waiting for the show to start-

Mom and Maddie-

After the ballet we did some shopping and then Maddie and I went for some dinner. It was so nice to have that one-on-one time with Madelyn and listen to her talk about her favorite parts of the ballet.

After dinner we went to the Blue Bird ice cream parlor and shared a treat-

On our way back to the car Maddie wanted to stop and see the large Nativity set up outside the tabernacle. I'm so glad Jann is so willing to babysit Garen so I could have this fun day with Madelyn.

7 comments:

Alisha Wilkins said...

How awesome! I can't wait for Taylor to get to that age! :)
You and Maddie are both so gorgeous! Love the pics-

Ben and Sara said...

Cute pictures! I sure Maddie loved the ballet, I need to take Abby to that sometime. I'm glad you got to have a fun day with just Maddie.

Jenni said...

Girl dates are so much fun. And I'm betting that Maddie will remember days like this forever. I also can't wait to do these kind of things with Lizzie.

John and Robyn said...

Emily! How much fun! I did that exact same thing with my mom when I was about 10 and I still remember every minute of it! What a memory that Maddie will have spending such quality time with her mama! How fun :)

dersley said...

Little Maddie is so beautiful!!! I am sure you get tired of hearing this, but she really looks so much like you. Garen is a cutie too. I can tell from pictures of him that he has quite a fun personality.

I am excited you can come to Brian's Luncheon. It will be SO fun to see you. It has been WAY too long. Also, we are going to be in Burley from Bri's wedding till after Christmas. If you make it up that way we will have to get our kids together to play.

suz young said...

What a fun day, and such an appropriate activity to start out the holiday season. The sparkle in Maddie's eyes never quit. Such cute pictures, and you look gorgeous and I love seeing Brenda in those pictures too. You never waste a minute do you!! I forgot about the Blue Bird. That would top off any activity!

Robnz Fam said...

How fun Em! What a cute mother-daughter day!! You both look so great in these pics, I love it!!