Thursday, April 2, 2009

April Fools!

I got to bring snack to Maddie's school yesterday, and since it was April Fools day I had to play a trick! I went to Burger King and got their fry holders and ketchup cups. Then I cut apples with a crinkle cutter and baked them with cinnamon to make them look like fries. Thanks for the idea Mandy. Then I put strawberry syrup in the ketchup cup. I went into Maddie's class and said, "who likes french fries?!" All the kids were saying, me, me and they noticed the Burger King logo right away.
Then they started to eat. It was so funny to see their reaction. And I got to say "April Fools!" Some kids didn't get it right away and were just saying 'these are yucky fries'. And some kids were just plain happy with their apples. And several kids asked if I would bring real fries in next time.

When I got back I made Garen lunch and I tricked him by making his apples look like potato chips. He was a little confused by all the tricking going on.

Later when Andy got home, I had a few more tricks up my sleeve. I put all our dinner on the table and acted like I forgot to get Maddie some water. I asked Andy to get it-I had put a rubber band on the sink sprayer so when he turned the water on it totally soaked him! The funniest part was that at one point I forgot I put the rubber band on it and I turned the water on myself to rinse of a dish and got myself wet. I guess I April Fooled myself.
We had bean dip for dinner and I had died the sour cream pink and I also died the kids applesauce blue. And I put lemon juice on Maddie's chips. Andy got a surprise when he drank his water filled with hot sauce! We had a lot of laughs. Garen wouldn't touch the colored things-he doesn't like being tricked I guess.
Maddie spent the evening tricking us, by telling us there was a snake behind us or that her tooth fell out. You got to love April Fools Day!

This is Maddie and her Daisy Girl Scouts playing red light, green light-

Andy taught Maddie the notes on the recorder and wrote down the notes for hot cross buns. Maddie loves playing it, even when Sophie is sleeping and when I'm on the phone-Thanks Andy!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Tricky! That's great that you made your family's April Fool's Day so fun :)

Alisha Wilkins said...

Great stuff Em! What a fun day!

Jenni said...

I love all the tricks. Great ideas. Your family is so fun.

Blain & Britney Young said...

You are clever!! What a fun day for everyone.

dersley said...

How cute. You sure are a creative mom.

suz young said...

Bravo, Maddie! And that brings back memories when you all learned the clarinet.
Love the April Fool's stuff. You certainly know how to celebrate holidays.