Sunday, April 26, 2009

New Calling

I thought when the member of the bishopric came over, that Andy was for sure getting a calling. But nope, it was me.
I got called to be the secretary in the Primary Presidency. I'm excited! And I think this will work out much better than teaching Sunbeams because of Sophie. She is always crying during Primary time and that is hard to deal with on top on 6 Sunbeams. I will miss teching my sweet little 3 year olds but it's always exciting to start something new.

Also, today I am proud to say that I made it to 9AM church early by myself with all three kids. Andy had to work, but we even made it through Sacrament meeting without being to disruptive. And I did sharing time in Primary (While Nicole held crying Sophie).
I am very tired from no sleep and from getting 3 kids up and ready for church, but I am so glad I did. The testimonies today brought in the spirit and motivation I needed and pushed away my desire to go home and sleep.

4 comments:

Ben and Sara said...

I'm excited for your new calling! I think you will love it! I hope your sharing time went well.

Alisha Wilkins said...

Your new calling has been my {ABSOLUTE} favorite calling! It worked out great when Taylor was too young for nursery and also right after I had Parker. I miss that calling, but Counselor is fun too....
Good luck falling in love! :)

Melissa Hernandez said...

that's an awesome calling for you, you are so good with kids, and nice job on getting to church by 9am with the 3 kids, that's impressive. One of these days I will get Isa and my husband to church by 11:00 on time!

Nicole said...

What a coincidence! I just got put in the Primary Presidency last week too (2nd couselor- we're too small to even have a secretary). Good luck with your calling.