Thursday, April 9, 2009

To big for my blankie



Last week, out of the blue Maddie got her freshly washed blankie (she calls it her 'cold blankie') that she has had since she was born and gave it to her baby sister. Maddie has dragged this blanket everywhere; whenever she got hurt she would wrap the blanket around the hurt spot to make it feel better. She puts her babies and stuffed animals asleep wrapped in this blanket.
I never once talked about getting rid of it.
Maddie just said, "I think I'm to big for this blanket and it is just the right size for Sophie." She wrapped Sophie in it and is proud to see her baby sister sleeping with it.
Words spoken by Maddie:
Maddie asked if Great Grandma Vonnie was back alive yet. She asks this because she knows Christ died and then was alive again. I told her we wouldn't see her again till after Jesus comes again. And she replied, "I can't wait to see him again, I think I will remember what he looks like. And when he comes we can write down the date and put it on our blog so everyone will know." I explained that people wouldn't need to look at our blog to find out, everyone will know when he comes again.

No comments: