Monday, September 3, 2007

6th Annual Young Family Games


Team Pugmire in their matching YFG (young family game) shirts.

Friday evening me and my family headed to Burley for our Young Family Games. This is an event held once a year where my 4 other siblings and their families all meet in Burley (my parent's house) and stay for 3 days and compete in a series of sporting events.

No events were held on Friday, since everybody usually shows up pretty late because of work and things. But that night me and my two sister-in-laws (Tracy and Heidi) stayed up till 6a.m. talking! It was so fun to spend that time with them and get to know them better and without interruptions from the kids. But at 6 a.m. I didn't have the privilege of going to bed-instead Garen woke up. So I got about 45 minutes of sleep before it was time to start our service project (we do work for my Grandparents).

After the service project was our first event-Tennis. It was hot, but so much fun. Me and Andy were on a team-we didn't win, but that's okay.

The little kids played at the park and kept themselves busy by going on pretend picnics and playing outside.

Maddie and her cousins playing ring-around-the rosies on the tramp-followed by someone getting hurt, which happened pretty often. (never hurt badly)

Abby, Kaisa, Maddie, Emma, Miriam

The girls in their favorite climbing tree

Later, on Saturday, we played a game called snakes and then headed to the church for some basketball. Me and Sara were on a team for doubles lightning-we had so much fun! After basketball the kids did their play. This play is completely written and produced by the kids (there are 16 all together). They did a great job! It was so funny-complete with my nephew doing a hilarious dance in a dress!

cast members

part of the play

Maddie dancing in the play

This is part of the play-I hope you can see it, it was kind of dark in there.

Saturday night came and I swore I would go to bed early, but we stayed up and watched funny videos on you-tube till about 2 a.m. So 9:00 church came a little to soon, but we all made it. We were privileged to hear testimonies from my wonderful parents-how neat for all 28 of us to have the opportunity to hear such wonderful testimonies from mom and dad! All the kids enjoyed their primary classes and my mom was in there to watch over them.

Sunday, we had our doubles ping-pong tournament which me and Carsten (brother-in-law) won!!! We also had Young Family Games Jeopardy. It was so fun! The categories went anywhere from temples, our family history, to past YFG injuries, and YFG upsets.
Then my mom did something so wonderful for all the grandkids. She made a book of remembrance for each. She gave such special pictures and stories of my ancestors as well as gave activities for the kids to do so they can learn more and add to their books. My mom is so great and kind and wants her children and grandchildren to know these wonderful ancestors that came before us. All the kids were very excited!

The 16 grandchildren-it's very hard to get a good picture

Sunday night a few of us, including my sisters, stayed up and played Mad Gab. We played and laughed until about 2 a.m.
Then Monday morning we went to this place not to far from Burley and had a family fun day! There was a waterslide, zip line, swing set, in ground trampoline, volleyball, and lots of room to play! Everyone had such a wonderful time.

Maddie bouncing Garen on the tramp

Me on the zip line-it doesn't look to bad there, but it was pretty high and fast.

My dad on the zip line. It doesn't matter how old you are, you are still a kid at heart. My parents participated in everything. It was great to see my mom fly down the waterslide with two grandkids on her lap.

Maddie, Abby, and Savannah going down the waterslide

Maddie and Savannah carrying their tube back up the hill.

This was the candy cannon that we stuffed with candy and shot off so all the kids could use there special baskets (provided by mom) to gather candy.

Carsten, Andy, and John launching wet balls at people with the giant sling shots.

It was a weekend with no sleep, a very crowded house, crying babies and lines in front of the bathroom. But it was a weekend full of fun, love and something that no one will forget!


The kids in the car on the way home-very tired

3 comments:

Robnz Fam said...

How fun Em! I can't tell you how much I love that first picture of you, Andy, Garen, and Maddi all in your blue shirts with your blue eyes (are your's greenish blue?). Anyway, it is such a great pic of you four! What a cute family! And how dang fun YFG looked!!!

suz young said...

What a fun weekend! You all are so fun to hang out with and the grandkids make our lives complete! Dad has been reloading the dishwasher different times today and I've been doing laundry, and we have been counting our blessings as we do each cleanup chore (it's not really a chore.) And aren't we glad the weather today wasn't yesterday! It's been cooler and overcast and raining off and on. We are so blessed!

Robnz Fam said...

P.S. where was that house you went to by the way? Was it the Baker's house? Your mom is such a sweetie, she is such a great grandmother and mother to you all! I love her!!!