Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Loud, Quiet, Loud

This morning I was so tired after our little endeavour last night. But I woke up quickly when I got to the 2nd grade class I was substituting in. They were so much fun, but very hyper and very loud. I really enjoyed my time there. If you ever need to feel good about yourself, just go to a 2nd grade class... the little girls would come up to me throughout the day and tell me they liked my hair or my clothes or just give me a hug. At the end of the day all the kids were saying 'thanks for being my teacher' and giving me a hug goodbye! How sweet these young spirits are.
Later I had the privilege of going to the temple with my wonderful husband. It was nice to get away to a place so calm and peaceful! We are so lucky to have Andy's parents near by to watch the kids-they are so good to us!

Since we were up so late last night, both the kids slept today. When bedtime came they were far from being ready for sleep. This is what they were doing at 9:30p.m.
Garen caught a glimpse of Andy with the video camera, so he had to stop and check it out. That's why we never get great videos of him because as soon as he sees the video camera he stops what he was doing and wants to touch it.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Ahhh the joys of 2nd grade teaching, you make me almost miss it...mmmm...on second thought no thanks. I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying your subbing. It sounds like you and Carrol had a lot of fun, and the kids and hubbies too.