Thursday, September 6, 2007

First Day as a Substitute Teacher

Today I was the sub for a 3rd grade class. I used to think subs have it easy and their not real teachers but in some ways it can be more of a challenge. As a sub you don't know the school, the routine, the kid's names, the teacher's rules and so on. The class went really well, it was actually kind of fun! I've worked in a lot of grades but never 3rd-3rd graders are quite funny. Since it was only the second week of school the kids were still getting used to the routine and their boundaries so it was a little chaotic. And of course there were those challenging kids that don't work, tell you no, the ones who cry, the ones who don't speak English, and the ones with special needs. But at the end of the day they were all smiles and giving hugs (your not suppose to hug kids these days, but I say what the heck). I can't wait till my next adventure (but I'm glad I get to choose when that will be).


I know I already posted some ballet pictures, but they are so fun. And they only let the parents come to practices the first two weeks, so I thought I better get my pictures and videos in now since I won't get the chance till the Winter recital.
The teacher is trying to teach them to leap, Maddie just has the jumping part down.

Maddie's first pear of ballet shoes
Maddie is really getting into the marching
It's funny they are lined up smallest to biggest (and yes Maddie is the smallest one).

1 comment:

Robnz Fam said...

That is so adorable! Are they all the same age in that class?