Monday, October 15, 2007

Baptism and a Blessing

This weekend was busy, but wonderful. On Saturday morning I took the kids to Andy's cousin's baptism. It was in Preston, Idaho. Savannah looked so beautiful and it was a wonderful experience. It was fun to answer Maddie's questions about the baptism and the Confirmation. Afterwards we got to go our to their house and have some lunch. Maddie had a wonderful time playing with her cousins (or second cousin once removed?).
On Sunday we went to Andy's sister's ward because they were blessing their little boy Levi (my nephew). Zeb gave a wonderful blessing and it was very touching to hear all the testimonies. I know Andy really enjoyed being a part of his first (blood) nephew! We had lunch with the families after. It was a very uplifting weekend. We are so blessed to have this gospel and the many wonderful things that come with it in our lives!
-Sorry no pictures, I forgot my camera at both events.

2 comments:

The Shaffer's said...

Hi Emily...So wierd. Carroll found my blog by accident and told me you had a blog. This is Brecca (Graham) Shaffer. We attend Rick B-ball camp together. Anyway, I was so glad to be able to read about you and your family. Your children are beautiful! You sound like a wonderful mother.
Best wishes!
Brecca

suz young said...

What a great weekend and I'm glad things went so well. Those are ordinances that affect eternity and that is a wonderful thing to support family in those special events. Each is one of those heaven on earth experiences.