Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Playing at the park


Yesterday, me and the kids all got a little tired of being in the house so we headed to the park to play. The kids had a great time and Maddie took on the roll of mother with the two toddlers. She would help them up the stairs, put them on her lap to go down the slide (or try to) and just make sure they were okay. We also played in the leaves and then walked to the Library.
After all the play it was time to run some errands. I got a nice glimpse of what having three children will be like (thank goodness I have a while). We went to Walmart and Avery fell asleep on top of the groceries in the back, Garen was begging for all the food on the shelves, and Maddie was climbing on the sides and under the cart. And check out was the worst. I had to move Avery to get the groceries and she woke up, Garen wanted out, and Maddie wanted to ride the Mickey Mouse car close by. By the time we left if was getting close to the time Avery's mom picks her up. I thought we were going to make it just in time, but there was a huge wreck and traffic was at a stand still! Even though it took me and extra 20 minutes to get to my house with crabby kids in my car, I need to count my blessings that it wasn't me or anyone in my family being taken to the hospital in the ambulance!
Maddie's attempt to take Garen down the slide

2 comments:

Ben and Sara said...

Cute pictures! I'm glad it wasn't you in that accident either. It looks like it was a nice day and I'm glad Garen is feeling better.

Alisha Wilkins said...

Oh Em! You never have a dull day do you??!!!