Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Corn Maze


Last night for Family Home Evening we went to the corn maze at the American West Heritage Center. It was a lot of Fun! They had a ton of Halloween lights-
Maddie loved the kids hay maze. They had tunnels and a huge place to climb to the top of hay bails and jump off into a pile of hay. Maddie went right up there and jumped off without a second thought-I thought she was going to break her leg; it was pretty high up.
Garen was determined to follow his sister to the top and jump off. Sorry Garen, maybe in a couple more years.
It was funny to watch Garen try to get the hay out of his mouth. He'd get a piece in, then try and get it out with his gloved hand that was cover in hay. So he would end up with more in his mouth. Poor kid.
I had to add this next picture because it kept up laughing for a long time. I told Maddie to turn around so I could take her picture and right has I pushed the button she tripped. And this is the picture I got. Then we had to take a couple minutes to get the hay out of her mouth and out of her pants:)

We forgot our flashlights so we made it through the big maze with our cell phone and camera light.
When we would stop to check the map, Maddie would find corn to peel. She thought that was pretty neat to be in the middle of a corn field. She kept some of the ears of corn because she wants to cook them-I think I'll pass, they don't look very tasty.
After getting lost a few times, we finally made it out-
We also went through the haunted house. Maddie was scared the whole way through, then when we got out she said, "Lets do that again!" We had a wonderful time together. We got home way later then planned and still had to give baths and put the kids to bed. It was 10:30 before the kids were in their beds. Then Andy and I made some hot cocoa with marshmallows and sat on the couch and watched TV together. What a perfect evening!
This is Garen saying his new word on our way home:

8 comments:

Alisha Wilkins said...

Sounds like a fun night!
I love love love the picture of Maddie "eating" it! It so reminds me of when we were younger and we would have funny/embaressing moments like that! Remember when we fell off the bike trying to go to Nuts N Things? Or when we were running around in our Halloween costumes one year and you totally biffed it...face right into the ground! ahhhhh memories! :)
Love ya em!

Robnz Fam said...

So I was totally thinking the same thing as Alisha was! I'm laughing so hard right now! I think watching you fall is one of the funniest things I've ever seen because your so graceful! hehe!!! I can't quit laughing thinking about you falling off your bike on the way to nut-n-things, I can totally picture that one! Remember the time when you and I did a talent show in third grade, and at the end we told each other we'd fall over and you didn't do it and I did! If you don't remember, well then, that's just cruel! Lish is right....the memories! :0)

Robnz Fam said...

I forgot to say how much I love those pictures of all of you. It needed to be said.

Ben and Sara said...

I love the pictures! They really makes me miss the the changing leaves, corn mazes and everything to do with fall. It's still in the mid 80's here. It's crazy, I forget that it's the middle of October. I hope your pampered chef party went well.

Jenni said...

What a cute family. You guys have the coolest adventures together.

suz young said...

Boy, what a fun Family Home Evening. Maddie looks like a natural jumper. There is pure joy in the jump and no hesitation. I think that is a double take of you! And Garen saying "ah oh" is like you at that age when you would do "Ah Oh Spaghettio," only it was something like 'ah oh ettio." Thanks for sharing and I love the reminders of the past that go with all the present. And I think Andy won hands down 'hands up' for the Halloween yard pumpkin.

megan said...

a corn maze sounds like what I need right about now. Fall just isn't the same here in so cal. Looks like you had tons o fun!

Robnz Fam said...

Em! Way cute blog!!