Saturday, October 6, 2007

Busy Days and a Birthday

The last couple days have been pretty crazy. I substituted on Wed. and Thur. for the Freeskate (or gifted and talented) class. These were half days, so I would get home just in time for Andy to get to work (the night shift) and to take Maddie to her friends birthday party, or preschool, or whatever it was that day. Plus our car started leaking water all over and the heater stopped working, so we had to get that fixed. Yesterday (Andy's 28th birthday), I made him a manly breakfast of bacon, sausage, eggs, donuts, and fruit.
Then I subbed for a Speech and Language pathologist. It was a lot of fun! I got to see two of the kids I had back in my class when I taught. I got done at the school just in time to pick up Maddie from Preschool. Andy took Garen up the Smithfield canyon for awhile since Maddie and I were gone:


Later Andy's parents took the kids for a sleepover. Maddie was so excited!!! After the kids left we went to dinner and then we got to finally see The Bourne Ultimatum-we've been wanting to see that since it came out.
The movie was really good.
Then this morning, after our paper route in the rain, we were able to sleep until conference. And since the kids were still at Andy's parents house we got to enjoy the first session of Conference together without any interruptions. It was very pleasant and uplifting! Now it is time for Andy to go to work and for me to go pick up the kids-back to life, but isn't it grand!!!

3 comments:

Ben and Sara said...

THose are way cute pictures of Garen with the changing leaves. I miss that so much already!! Sounds like you two had a nice time together without the kids. I'll bet that was a nice break after such a busy week.

Robnz Fam said...

I too love those pics of Garen with the leaves! Nice job Andy! What a fun weekend!!

Jenni said...

The pictures of Garen in Smithfield canyon look so beautiful. I will have to visit that canyon someday.