Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Kid Number Three...

No, I'm not pregnant. Meet the newest member of our Monday family:
This is Avery (Andy's boss's little girl). The parents just lost their babysitter and needed someone, so I thought, what's one more kid. I only have her on Mondays, so it's not to overwhelming. But I do get a small glimpse of what it would be like to have twins. (Avery is just a few weeks older then Garen). I found It's quite the chore to get three kids buckled in the car safely and get to the destination on time. Maddie likes to pretend she is their mother and take care of them-sometimes that is really helpful other times, not so much.
Avery stays till about 6:30p.m. and she is really good. But I do feel pretty beat by then; especially because I am getting up at 5am now to do my other new (silly) job-a paper route. So far it is working out well. It gets me up and running in the morning and I get paid for it. But I might be hating life when I have to deliver papers in the snow or in -10 degree weather. This morning it was pretty rough because Andy had to go to work at 4:30am, since he wasn't home I had to drag the kids out of bet and take them with to deliver papers. I was glad when they both went right back to sleep when we got home.
I had to share these pictures. This is Garen trying to stick a book in the toilet. That's his new thing is throwing things in the toilet and the tub. After I told him 'no'. In the second picture he looked up all Innocent and pretended to be reading his book like, "what are you talking about mom, I wasn't doing anything."

4 comments:

megan said...

Wow Emily!! I would be exhausted if I were you! How come you are doing a paper route? I used to have one of those and hated it :-) Best of luck!

Robnz Fam said...

He just keeps gettin more and more handsome! busy, busy!!

suz young said...

Isn't it called Murphy's Law! Andy probably didn't have to go in that early until you got the paper route! You are so tough. I think Mandy and Dan really empathize with you, having had early paper routes.
You gotta love that Garen for thinking so fast and nonchalantly.

Alisha Wilkins said...

She's a QT! Good thing it's only one day a week!

Paper route?! Wow!

Love that little Garen so much! He's a quick thinker! :)