Saturday, February 2, 2008

A Day to Remember


What a beautiful funeral service this morning!!! I enjoyed hearing each person speak, as well as the news coverage and the specials on President Hinkley. What a fun and amazing person he was. I've always looked up to him so much and admired all of his accomplishments. And I found many accomplishments of his today that I didn't even know about! What an example he has been.

The passing of President Hinkley gave me an opportunity to sit and talk to Maddie about the plan of salvation (which coincidently we've been learning about in Primary and we just had a family home evening lesson on it). It is so amazing and refreshing to hear the innocence and understanding of a child. I tried to approach the topic gently, but then realized that Maddie understood it much more than I. She kept talking and looking at me like what's the big deal?- People die and live with Heavenly Father and then we see them again. I explained it is only sad because we miss them until we see them again, but once again she replied, "but you don't have to wait very long."

I know Maddie is only 4 but as she sat quietly through the funeral service I hoped that as she gets older she will always remember this day and remember what a wonderful person, and prophet President Hinkley was. I know I will.

4 comments:

Alisha Wilkins said...

I love how innocent little children are! How sweet that she KNOWS about the plan at such a young and tender age!

Kelsie said...

YOUR A GREAT MOM EMILY!!!!! AND MADDY AND GAREN ARE SO DANG CUTE. IM SO GOING TO MISS YOU AND YOUR CUTE KIDS... HOPE I GET SOME GOOD NEIGHBORS LIKE YOU GUYS IN OGDEN.

Kelsie said...

sorry, but i just tagged you.
read my blog to see how to do it...

suz young said...

That was an incredible funeral, and how wonderful you take the opportunity to have Maddie involved. It is a more aware generation!