Thursday, February 14, 2008

Snow Day!!!

So Wednesday I had my friend's kids, Danny and Jacob. The morning went well, we got Maddie to ballet and back, everyone got lunch, and everyone was bundled up and ready to go take Maddie and Jacob to preschool.

It had been lightly snowing all morning and had picked up into large snowflakes just as we were leaving. And in the 20 minutes it took me to get to preschool the storm had come on with a vengance! The wind was blowing like crazy so you couldn't see anything in front of you.
The worst part was that the preschool is on top of a giant hill. I got to the hill and saw about 8 cars attempting to go up it and sliding right back down! I thought I'm not even going to try with these 4 little sweeties in the van.
Just then a plow came through and right up the hill-so then I thought, okay maybe I'll try now. Well, the plow had moved the snow, but that snow was turning into ice the moment it hit something.
I get a good start and head on up the hill. I'm almost to the top and we start spinning out and sliding on backwards! Maddie and Jacob kept saying " I don't want to slide anymore!" Luckily these boys, that had gotten stuck themselves, pushed the front of the van around for us, so we could slide down the hill forward instead of backwards. To wrap it up, we didn't make it to preschool.
So we all went back to my house and had preschool there. The kids didn't seem to mind, plus their teacher said they had so many kids gone they will be repeating the Valentine's party on Friday.

Back at my house we did puzzles, practiced letters and letter sounds, painted, played a game to tell what object was heavy and which one was light, sang songs, read Valentine stories, played Simon Says, made love bugs, and just played. We had a lot of fun, but my house looked like a war zone when the boys left at 5! But hey, a good mess is just a sign of a good time!
Here are some pictures of our day:
puzzles-
Maddie wrote Happy Valentine's Day all by herself-
Danny's beautiful picture-
I did not tell them to pose like this, they did it on their own-
What a cute group-
by the way, HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Robnz Fam said...

Man, every picture I see of Maddi she seems to get more and more beautiful...if that's even possible! That sounds like such a fun day for them!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.