Monday, February 25, 2008

Feeling Tired

It has been a fun week, but for some reason I am just feeling incredibly tired. One of my favorite things I did this week was have a girl night with Brenda. We stayed up till almost 2AM watching Becoming Jane and talking. It was some much needed time together even though we had to pay for the lack of sleep later.

Also this week -I babysat several times
-Did a Pampered Chef Show
-Substituted the ESL class (English Second Language)
-I sub 5th graders tomorrow
-Enjoyed taking and watching Maddie in Ballet, preschool, (Andy took her to gymnastics this week).
-Prepared and did sharing time as well as my Sunbeam lesson.
-And just the normal daily erronds, cleaning, cooking, and so on.

I just have to tell you about Saturday night. I didn't feel to great with this lingering cold. And like I said, I was tired and everything seemed to be taking my 10 times longer to do. I finished my Sunday preparations about 11pm just after Andy got home from work.
I thought to myself, I should really do the dishes and pick up this mess so we can wake up Sunday morning to a more organized house. But the same minute that thought came to me, it left again, and I went to bed.
Andy said he was coming up soon. Of course I zonked out right away and when I woke up in the morning, all the dishes were done, the floor swept, the toys picked up, and even the bathroom and bedroom tidied! It was so much easier to get up and get ready early Sunday morning with a clean start. What a wonderful husband I have!!!

Maddie dressed herself today! Notice the hat, bunny ears, crown, and angel hallow. Behind her is two backpacks and a pear of wings. And the hula skirt gives it just the right touch! What a cutie!

Garen was feeling very lovey towards his sister. He would jump on the bed a few times then land on Maddie and give a nice hug and then repeat the process. This went on for about 30 minutes! I'm glad they like each other, at least during that 30 min. they did-

6 comments:

Alisha Wilkins said...

Hooray for the girl night! Sounds like so much fun!

Maybe has such a fun personality and it totally shines through by the way she dressed herself!
I can't wait to see how cute my two kids will be together! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Robnz Fam said...

That is so sweet! Of Andy, and the pics of the kids. How precious. Is that a good movie? I'll have to try that out!

I love that pic of Maddi all dressed up too, she is such a CUTIE!!

Robnz Fam said...

Hey, how do you get those age time lines on you blog?

Mandi said...

Emily,
Oh my goodness, I love blogger world. I am so glad you found me. I have tried calling you several times...and think you must have a new #! Well I am up to being a mom and very pregnant. It is so fun to prepare for a girl! Your kids are so darn cute!!!!! I miss the days of teaching, but I am so happy to be at home with the kiddo's. I teach preschool out of my house...and Austin is in Heaven. He loves going to school like his dad!
We are in Michigan right now, but may be transfering schools. Alan will start applying to other Law Schools in May. So for now we are here!
I can't wait to stay in touch with you.
Mandi

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.