Saturday, March 1, 2008

A relaxed couple of days

On Thursday, Andy and Maddie went on a daddy-daughter date and went to see Alvin and the chipmunks.
Garen and I played at home.
Then Friday evening Andy's parents took both Maddie and Garen for a sleepover. So Andy and I had the whole evening to ourselves. We had a lovely dinner and then decided at the last minute to catch a movie, just because we could. We saw Jumper-it was pretty good! Thanks for the recommendation Sara.
When we got home it was nice to just chill and have the night together. This morning Andy had to go to work, but I got to sleep in a bit and then lay around and read my book in silence until the kids got home.
Then today with most of the cleaning caught up and my errands done, the kids and I just hung out all day long. The new snow storm kept us from playing outside, but it was an enjoyable, uneventful, relaxing day!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I am so jealous. You guys are so lucky to have family close that can take the kids to over night. Isn't it funny how kids make you appreciate just being able to get up and go to the movies when you like?

Robnz Fam said...

That is so nice how much time you and Andy must get together like that! I would love a grandma here in ptown with us :0)! What a nice couple of days.

I'm so sorry to hear about Garen! Poor little guy. He does not look too happy. What an experience for a Sunday...I bet everyone sleeps good tonight!