Monday, March 24, 2008

Fun Easter Weekend


We had an enjoyable Easter Sunday. The kids woke up to find their Easter baskets waiting for them. They were so excited about their new movies, candy and other fun toys. Maddie loved her Hannah Montana socks and stickers and she couldn't wait to watch Enchanted-okay I was the one who wanted to watch Enchanted. :)
It was fun to teach our little sunbeam class about the resurrection. These little kids always surprise me by how well they grasp these complex subjects.
After church we gave Garen a little nap and finished making the Easter desserts; then headed out to Clarkston (Andy's parents house) for Easter dinner. Garen and Maddie enjoyed 3 sets of grandparents and their aunt and uncle. We had our egg hunt our in Clarkston and the kids loved finding their eggs, even though some where hidden in the snow! Garen caught on very quickly-he would find an egg, shake it, and if it didn't make a sound he would chuck it. (some of the eggs had questions about Christ in them, but Garen just wanted the ones that made the candy sound).

Also this weekend Andy and I enjoyed a beautiful Salmon and garlic fries candle light dinner. We put the kids to bed, made dinner together, and just enjoyed each others company for once. Very fun!
And this weekend the kids got reintroduced to their sandbox, slide, and bubbles. It was finally warm enough and dry enough to play in the backyard. I hope it continues to stay warm!

6 comments:

Alisha Wilkins said...

Maddie looks adorable in her dress! It amazes me how many pair of grandparents your kids are lucky to get to know!
Jealous that your weather is warming up already! We have had a few sunny days, but a couple of them look nice but the wind can cut right through you!
Glad you had a good Easter (good idea having ?'s about Christ in some of the eggs!)

Kelsie said...

WELL YOU GUYS LOOK LIKE YOU HAD A FUN WEEK... MADDIE IS A CUTIE PIE IN HER EASTER DRESS AND THAT CUTE COAT...GAREN IS JUST SO DARN CUTE. LOVE THE GLASSES, HE MAKES THEM LOOK GOOD. HAHA WELL IM GLAD U AND ANDY HAD A NICE DINNER TOGETHER. ME AND LANDON ARE TRYING TO FIGURE OUT A TIME WE CAN JUST SPEND TOGETHER BUT THAT MIGHT NOT HAPPEN CONSIDERING WE MOVED AWAY FROM ALL THE FAMILY..
WE ARE DOING GOOD. WERE ALL SETTELED IN. ITS STILL NOT HOME TO ME. I DON'T THINK IT WILL BE. BUT IM MAKING THE BEST OUT OF IT.. WE WENT TO CHURCH THIS WEEK. IT LOOKS LIKE IT WILL BE A GOOD WARD. ITS MOSTLY YOUNG COUPLES LIKE US BUT TONS AND TONS OF BABIES.. YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS. WERE GOING TO GET PUT IN THE NURSERY AGAIN... "GREAT"
ANYWAYS IM NOT SURE WHEN ILL BE COMING UP AGAIN. BUT WHEN I DO, YOU WILL BE THE FIRST TO KNOW. WE WILL GET TOGETHER AND DO LUNCH.
GLAD U HAD A GOOD EASTER...

Jenni said...

I want to know the recipe for the salmon and garlic fries. It sounds so good. I've been afraid to cook salmon for fear of not cooking it very well. I also loved Maddie's easter dress. She looked adorable, and Garen too.

Robnz Fam said...

Ahhhhhh....SO CUTE! Tell Maddi I think she looks so pretty in her easter dress! Just like a princess! Garen is a smart kid, I'd only go for the candy ones too :0). What a fun easter, one they will always remember, and I'm sure many more to come!

SAYDA said...

Oh my goodness, Maddie looks like a princess. She is so beautiful! It's amazing how much she looks like you. I can just see Garen throwing away the eggs that didn't make a sound. How cute is that? Your parents are so lucky to have you just 2 hours away. My grandchildren are in New Jersey. Richie has one more year of graduate school. I wish I could see the grandchildren more often or at least every holiday. Giselle is flying to SLC on June 13th for the wedding. I think she gets here at 8:16pm. I know she will spend the 14th in Logan because she is planning on seeing a play on the 15th. She will be in Burley the rest of the time.
I'm glad you had a happy Easter. Those were wonderful pictures. You are a busy mommy. You do so many wonderful things with your kids.
Love, Sayda

Melissa Hernandez said...

cute pictures! Thanks again for saving my rear end today (twice in fact) you are a wonderful friend and neighbor, I appreciate you sooo much!