Tuesday, February 19, 2008

President's weekend in Burley

On Friday night Andy, me and the kids headed to Burley! We had such a wonderful weekend with my parents and grandparents.
Saturday morning I got to go to my mom's book club with her and then to A Child's World. All Saturday afternoon was spent doing our taxes-Thanks for all your help dad. This years tax return turned out great for us!!!!

Then Saturday night Maddie and I went out to Alisha's house. There Alisha taught me how to make a super cute tutu for Maddie. Then Troy took some absolutely amazing pictures! I can't wait to show you the beautiful pictures of Maddie and Garen. Thank you so much Alisha and Troy-I am so excited!!! Maddie and Alisha's little girl, Taylor got along great and had fun playing together.

Sunday we went to church, enjoyed a lovely dinner, watched to Allstar basketball game, and my mom helped me plan my primary sharing time and gave me a ton of stuff to use for my upcoming sunbeam lessons.
Later we went to vistit my grandparents (age 89 and 95). They are so fun to be around. Grandma always has something funny to say and grandpa always has a wonderful story to tell. Grandma sat and read story after story to Maddie and she gave each kid a little Valentine bear!

Monday morning we went back out to Alisha's house and they were nice enough to deal with Garen and get some photos of him and a few shots of the kids together.
It was sad to say goodbye Monday evening and come back home. Thanks for letting us stay and for all you did, Mom and Dad-we miss you already!
Maddie and Grandma Dora-

Garen consentrating really hard on his video game-

Garen and Grandma-

This is a picture at Alisha's that I took with my camera, wait till you see what Troy did!-


Maddie and Grandma Sue-

Garen and Grandma Sue-

Maddie and Grandpa Bruce-

Maddie love the attention to the grandparents, they played games, read stories, and as you can see played with dominoes-

5 comments:

Kelsie said...

im glad u guys had a good weekend. and glad u found somone to teach your class, sorry i couldn't but next time i will for sure.... cute pictures of Maddie and i love the tutu... and Garen, he's playing video games already. great im not looking forward to those..haha

suz young said...

That was a fun weekend and we are glad you could come! We always enjoy the kids and are amazed at the new things they say and do. It was fun to go with to Alisha's too and see the great photography that Troy can do with his new equipment, and also see Alisha's decorating skills in their cute house, including the furniture pieces made by Troy. It was fun to have you come to my book club and check out "A Child's World" again. I miss reading stories at night to the kids!

Ben and Sara said...

I love the pictures!! Wish we could have been there too!

dersley said...

I love that picture of Garen playing the video games. He looks like he has such a fun personality.

Robnz Fam said...

Oh I can't wait to see the pictures!!! When do we get to see them?! Maddi is SO so pretty Em...tell Andy to watch out for when she is 16! I love that pic of Garen concentrating so hard...priceless! That's so fun being in Burley, we love going home and being with loved ones.