Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bear Lake Vacation: Staying with Grandma and Grandpa

Andy's Grandparents were nice enough to let us take over their house for 5 days in Bear Lake. We truly enjoyed our time there. If we weren't at one of the places listed in my other posts we were relaxing and having fun with the grandparents.
The kids loved all the wind chimes hanging everywhere, the talking stuffed animals-mainly the talking deer head, the humming bird feeder that brought plenty of humming birds right up to the window to watch, throwing sticks in the creek that runs through their yard, playing croquette, making long roads out of grandma's blocks. Andy and I enjoyed the late night chats with grandma Janene, watching a movie with them, and looking through grandpa's old history books and baby pictures of Andy.
We also enjoyed seeing Grandma Jann, Grandpa Boyd, Amber, Zeb and Levi on Saturday.

Andy, grandma Janene, grandpa Roger-

Sophie loved the singing deer until I put her foot in its mouth, in which she full out screamed, not cried, screamed like a girl-

Everything was so beautiful as the sun was going down, I would make the kids go around the yard with to the barns, the grass field, and the creek so I could take their pictures. They were good sports and I love the pictures I got. I didn't get any of Sophie because she was always to tiered by 8pm from her lack of naps-














thumbs up-




I even got Andy in the picture action-
Andy and the kids found a dragonfly that was barely alive and freezing so they tried to save it. Maddie was cute and would go check on it every few minutes-
playing in Grandpa Boyd's truck with cousin Levi-
Sophie and Dad just chill'en-
Garen loved driving this Tractor around-
One cool baby-
Why do we buy toys when they could just play all day with a stick?-
play Croquette-
A little video recap of our trip-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great pictures! You are amazing! I love the one with Garen with his wide open mouth

paul said...

I see you are a chip off the old block, posing the kids in various scenic landscapes for the sake of a picture. Beautiful job. The legacy lives on.
I love the movie clips because we feel we are right there.
Love,
Mom