Sunday, August 30, 2009

Hamster Update

So our little hamster that the pet store guy said would not bite, bit Andy twice. And the next morning we found out why-that little thing had 6 babies!!!
I was on the phone and Maddie kept saying I see little red things in there wiggling around, I thought she was making it up. But when I got around to looking myself I realized the mommy was popping one baby out after another.
So Saturday morning we were now the owner of 7 hamsters. Of course I called the pet store right away and let them know I would be bringing all the hamsters back to the pet store in exchange for a new, non-pregnant hamster.
Maddie enjoyed picking out her new little guy-this one she names Jerry (from Tom and Jerry). Maddie has held it several times a day and he is very nice and no biting this time.

4 comments:

Alisha Wilkins said...

Oh my goodness! What are the chances that it would have babies right after you get it! That is too funny! :)

Natalie Gottwald said...

That is too funny!!! dido Alisha LOL

Amanda said...

Funny! Those baby hampsters look a little creepy....

Cammie said...

Baby hampsters are the just so disgusting. I'm glad you were able to capture their gross-ness!