Saturday, August 22, 2009

Jury duty, swimming, potty training, and an old friend

A few things this week:
-On Andy's day off this week he got called into jury duty and then got picked to be on the Jury out of the 70 people called. So the one chance we had to play with dad this week was gone. Andy was there Tues, 8:30-5:00 and Wed, 8:30-7:00-then headed to work for the rest of the evening. I think, other than being inconvenient he enjoyed being on the Jury.

-I am trying so hard to potty train Garen. I am so tired of diapers, but wet underwear is no fun either! We are making progress, but it's slow going.
I put the little potty in front of the TV so Garen will sit longer. Well one day I left him down their for a minute and I hear, "I did it." Apparently the cartoon was to good to look away from and didn't seem to notice that the aim was way off!
There is a little broken part on the bottom of our TV and he just so happen to pee right in there causing the TV to short out and stop working. My first thoughts were "well no more TV for us since buying a new one isn't really and option right now." But later that day it magically turned back on with the volume at 53 and on some strange station and it works perfectly again. Close one-no more toilet right in front of the TV.

-We blew up our pool again and the kids had a good time playing in it-






-Friday Natalie and Nick stopped in on there way to Washington D.C. It was fun to talk with them late into the night. There's nothing as good as spending time with friends you've loved and trusted for most of your life.
Since I didn't take any pictures while she was here and I missed my Flashback Friday, here's me and Natalie in the past-

1 comment:

Johnsons said...

I can't believe Garen peed on the TV. How funny!