Thursday, August 27, 2009

Newest Memeber of the Family...


Yes, we got a hamster. And no this was in no way my idea. Maddie entered her name in to win this little creature during the Library's Summer Reading Program. And what are the odds that she would actually win! :[
The library called and wanted to talk to Maddie directly. As they talked to her on the phone she looked up and me and whispers, "I actually won a hamster!"
That night we went to the library to pick up the hamster cage from the library and get Maddie's picture taken for the newspaper. They gave us the certificate to go pick out the hamster.

Maddie is so excited. She has begged me for a pet since she was two, so she loves the little guy. She named him Rascal, after our neighbors dog that moved away a few months ago.

Lets just hope we don't kill the little thing, since Garen has already picked him up in that little ball and threw him.
So here we go with our first pet!

putting the cage together-

2 comments:

Alisha Wilkins said...

Did you have a gerbil or a hampster growing up? I just remember always hunting it down when it got out of the cage! :)
Lucky you!
We just got a cat, (I know...I hate cats too!) but our mice are getting out of hand out here! :) And I thought the cat was a big addition...and it stays OUTSIDE! :)

chel_t said...

That is too funny! That would be a lot of hampsters to take care of. Good idea to switch them. haha. Cute pictures.