Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Ryan's baby blessing, and a sleeped deprived mom

Sunday morning we headed to Sara's house at 5am to make it to Ryan's baby blessing. Ben did a wonderful job and Ryan looked so very handsome! Maddie and Garen loved spending the day playing with their cousins! We had to head back the same day because Maddie has swimming lessons Monday morning a 9 and Andy had to go to work.

So after our early morning and day of traveling I was pretty tired and headed to bed around 11. Then my sweet little Sophie woke me up at 2am. I couldn't tell if it was stomach pains or her bottom teeth coming in. But I rocked he and got her back to sleep by 4am. I hope back in bed and five minutes later the phone rings! My neighbor was in labor and needed someone to come sit with her sleeping boy while they went to the hospital.

Rogan was up at 6am, so I brought him back to our house. Monday was a bit crazy with the 4 kids all day. Sophie and Rogan both needed my attention most of the day. Maddie was playing with the boys outside-they decided Maddie tire was flat so the pulled out Andy's tools and went to work managing to bust a huge hole in the black tube as well as rip the entire tire while pulling it of the rim. Lets just say I was not happy with those little boys.

My neighbor had her baby Monday night but the baby had some fluid in her lungs, so I kept Rogan overnight again. Poor little guy just missed his bed and his parents.

And I am missing sleep. I've never been one for napping or sleeping the day away. I actually wish we didn't need sleep, is seems like such a waste of time. But I am at the point now that an 8 hour naps sounds really nice. Since that's not an option, I guess I'll just try and pretend I've gotten more than 5 hours sleep the last 3 days.

Maddie and baby Ryan-



Abby, Maddie, and Abby's cousin Anna

A video of Maddie on the slip and slide, and of Sophie crawling! Yes she crawls everywhere now! So you can always find her with crayons or little pet shop toys in her mouth because her siblings left them on the floor.-

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Agreed. Can you imagine what we could do with all the time we spend sleeping? I do love feeling well rested which seems to be less and less these days. I hope you get caught up soon. Sophie is looking so big!