Friday, December 3, 2010

Silly Bands

Okay I think Silly bands are just that-Silly! But for some reason they are the big trend; boys, girls, 3 year old-16 year olds. So just for fun and because they were $1 my kids each got a set of Christmas silly bands. They even cleaned the whole front room to earn them.
Maddie was thrilled and stated that everyone in her class has these.
Garen was not to keen on the idea of bracelets but he really liked checking out their shapes and counting how many of each shape and color and then later he did put them on his wrists for a bit.
Sophie of course loves every type of jewelery but she refused to wear all 12 at once. Actually she would only wear one at a time and would get upset if anyone tried to convince her to put more than one on. Instead she put all of hers in a nice pile on the couch and about every 30 seconds she would change her one silly band for another.
So I guess they were a big hit-worth my $3.



Day 2 in the advent calendar said to read a Christmas story from the friend. My kids chose the story of the child that did kind things to earn straw to put in baby Jesus' manger. Cute story and I remember doing that as a kid and loving it. I would like to do that with my kids but where do you find straw in Wyoming?

No comments: