Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Just an Update...

First of all-
Happy 5th Birthday Miriam!!!


Yesterday I got a chance to sub a 5th grade class and decided to take it since Andy was home. So I have to give a shout out to Andy because while I was subbing he took both kids, by himself, to the dentist (something I don't think even I would do). Neither of my kids particularly like the dentist. Ever since the spit sucker got stuck to the back of Maddie's mouth once, she's been terrified of the place. And well Garen just doesn't like strangers, let alone a stranger close to his face looking in his mouth. So I have to give my dear husband credit for doing such a great job dealing with both kids at the dentist!
And I thoroughly enjoyed my day of subbing. The class was so much fun and it being April Fools day, I got plenty of tricks played on me, including being zapped by a gag pen!


After subbing Andy's parents babysat the kids and me and Andy went out. First we picked up my new bike-more bonus points to my husband for buying me a new bike!

Then we headed to the temple. It was so nice to have that quiet, spiritual, uplifting time!
And before heading home we had a nice dinner together at the Olive Garden.

Also this week we got some new neighbors! Maddie loves that she has 3 new girls to play with next door. They are a cute little family, but I cannot pronounce any of their names!




2 comments:

Robnz Fam said...

What a fun filled day! I can't believe that Maddi and Garen's bday's are just right around the corner too! It seems like Maddi was just born.

Morg and Robbie said...

Hi Emily, thanks for saying hi its was great to hear from you. Such a cute family. Three years til its Dr. and you can bring your traumatized kids to me- I can not believe your kids do not like the dentist! What have you been teaching them :>)