Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Dr. Appointment and Kindergarten

Yesterday I had my second appointment with my newly chosen midwife. This visit reassured me of my choice, especially after meeting the OB doctor.

I drank that fun orange glucose drink which always makes me feel sick because I am not a pop drinker and then to gulp down a sugary carbonated drink in 5 minutes just doesn't sit right in my stomach. But I survived :). As always my glucose was normal, my blood pressure is good as always, the babies heartbeat is just how it should be, I'm measuring exactly on, and have gained another dreaded 4 pounds this month.

From now on I get to enjoy the weigh-ins and urine tests every two weeks instead of every four. I can't believe how quickly this pregnancy is going. The baby will be here soon and I won't be ready for her! Yikes.



Also yesterday I got to go meet Maddie at her school for some lunch. Andy was home so I thought I'd surprise Maddie. It was fun to get our hot lunch trays and for me to sit with her and talk to her and all her little friends.

Plus, I came at a good time-the teacher saw me and said 'hey, is your husband home for the afternoon to babysit? I had a helper call in sick and we need someone to do center time after lunch!'

So I got to stay the afternoon and play bingo, play in sand, and hold worms. It made me miss teaching so much! I just love the way it feels to show or tell the kids something and see their faces light up with knowledge and excitement!

And that age of kids just love anybody who walks through the door. As I was leaving I heard a boy tell Maddie, "your mom is so fun, is she coming back tomorrow-I wish my mom would come to our class."
If you ever need a boost of self-esteem go into a Kindergarten room where everyone loves you and thinks your beautiful and fun and want to hug you before you leave!

So I am so excited to finish our basement and open my own preschool next Fall! I can't wait! I don't have a name picked out for it yet so I need some creative suggestions. Help me out!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

It sounds like you had so much fun at Maddie's school. I'm sure she loved it too. I didn't know you were planning on doing a kindergarten. How fun! I'm glad to hear that you are doing well and so is little baby Pugmire.

Kelsie said...

you are the Best mom ever... your too dang cute.... so you are living my dream. opening a preschool and having another baby.. well im glad its you cause you will do better at it then me and you deserve it.. thats awesome, i never you were doing that... well good luck and ill try to think of some good names for you... hope you guys are doing well.. wow your baby will be here soon... i hope you know, when you have the cute little muchkin im coming to visit and landon can't stop me.. haha

Natalie Gottwald said...

I know what you mean about being loved by the class. When Matt was in Kindergarten, I would do Junior Achievement for their class and every one just loves you!! I love that age of kids too!! Too cute!! Congrats on the preschool!!