Thursday, October 9, 2008

30 weeks, flu, cold, and accidents


Wow, what a day! First Garen woke up a few times last night crying which isn't normal and at 5:30AM (Andy had already left to work) I went to lay him back down and stuck my hand a big wet spot. I thought maybe he'd leaked through his diaper but once I turned the light on I realized it was throw up and it was all over the bed and floor. Poor kids was miserable.

I think this is the worst age for them to have the flu because they can talk and run away but they don't understand what's happening to them. Garen cried all morning for food, I gave him one small drink and it came right back up. I would try and take him in the kitchen or bathroom to save the carpets and hold a towel out, but he would not have it. He would try to run away and he'd cry and just choke on his throw up. It was awful!
He was so weak all day, but finally about 20 minutes ago (4:00) he had a cracker and a drink and it hasn't come back up yet (knock on wood).
Then Maddie has a bit of a cold and cough but said she felt fine and refused to stay home. So I made her lunch, got her ready, helped her pick her show and tell, and sent her to school.
Garen finally fell asleep at about 12:30 so I thought I would lay down for a minute. (This pregnancy thing makes me tired!)

But at 12:45 Maddie's school calls. And when the voice on the other side says, "Hi Mrs. Pugmire this is the school nurse" I though for sure Maddie had thrown up as well. But, to my surprise it was something else.
Maddie had fallen off the playground equipment onto her head and had a goose egg and a skinned up forehead. The nurse said she was fine and that Maddie didn't want to come home. I wanted to go check on her but the nurse reassured me she was just fine and that she didn't even cry. It was probably good that I didn't have to go get her since Garen had finally fallen asleep and I had not showered or put any makeup on or anything.
Maddie's teacher is so nice and even called after school to make sure she got home okay and that I knew what had happened to her head.
Check out the huge belly!!!-

And lastly, I am 30 weeks today! Only 10 more to go. And with days like these I'm afraid the 10 weeks may go by to quickly! After trying to take care of the 2 I have today I am kind of doubting my ability to handle a third. :(

5 comments:

Natalie Gottwald said...

I have no doubt that you will be an excellant mother of three, because you are already a wonderful mother of two!!! Hope the kiddles get better soon!!

Melissa Hernandez said...

Ohhh, I hate it when kids get sick, it just breaks your heart!!! Maddie is such a tuffy!! Your belly is looking cute, and I know you will be able to handle 3, I always thought you were so patient and kind, you are an awesome mom!!

Nate Sarah Cooper and Hank said...

what a day you have had. I agree with Nat you are a great mother and you will take 3 like its nothing. I am tired just thinking about what you have done today, poor litte Garen I hope he feels better tomorrow.

Johnsons said...

Aw, suck. I'm sorry the kids don't feel well, that Andy is having to work so much, and that you're not getting much rest. I hope all gets better and you're able to still come next weekend. I'm so excited. Can I invite myself and Zeb to go to the temple with you if you go?

Nicole said...

You're super mom! Sorry yesterday was so rough. I can't imagine how tired that must have made you. I'm glad Maddie wasn't hurt any worse than she was. You'll be a great mom to the little one too. I have no doubt of that! I hope your day is better today.