Wednesday, October 15, 2008

No More Binki! And playing with giant blocks


Well, I've needed to take away Garen's Binki for some time now, but I've put it off since that little plastic thing can make all the screaming and whining go away in a matter of seconds.

With Garen's 2 year molars coming in he's been chomping on his Binki's and he finally bit a hole through his last one. And I can't go buy a 2 1/2 year old new Binki's. So I give him his broken one and he chooses not to use it because he doesn't like the rip in the side.

Garen is now Binki free, but he has not taken a nap since he stopped having one! :( We'll see how it goes from now on and hopefully we don't have a relapse when the new baby comes in a few weeks with her Binki.


This week I've had my neighbor Zoe a few days since their regular babysitter is gone. By 10:00 one morning Garen and Zoe were both getting restless so we went to the Family rec. center for some playtime.


This boy only thinks in trains and cars. Everything around us can always be turned into a train or car. Even the light coming in through the blinds becomes train tracks. Here's the car he made and pretended to drive around-

Garen had a blast building towers and knocking them down. But he was not happy when the other kids would knock it down for him. Watch at the end of the video, Garen is ready to slug a girl for knocking it down but he hears me call his name and holds back. Even though he hold back that time, it doesn't mean he didn't hit several kids for knocking it down.

6 comments:

Nate Sarah Cooper and Hank said...

good for you about the binkie, when do you suggest taking it away. I have found Cooper has gotten more attached within the last couple months and has to have it in all the time!! Any suggestions? Very cute about the train and cars he has a good imagination.

Ben and Sara said...

Good Job Garen!!! No more binkie!! I love that video, at least he listened to you and didn't hit the girl anyway.

Nicole said...

That video made me laugh- thanks. Randy and I have made a decision to take the binki away now- at 6 1/2 months. Are we crazy? Good news though, Aidan went to bed awake and not crying for the first time since we have xed the binki. Progress? Hopefully.

Janette said...

looks like the rec center was fun, the video made me laugh. i can't believe how big he's getting. hope you guys are doing good. you always keep so busy, i don't know how you do it. what's your secret?!? :)

dersley said...

What a sweet car design! Where can I get one of those. :) It looks like Garen has a great imagination.

And I have to say I was impressed at how well Garen listened to you. It was cute to watch his quick response to hearing you call his name.

Robnz Fam said...

How fun! I was going to say the same thing...what a great imagination!