Saturday, October 25, 2008

This week-

Things have been pretty laid back lately. I've got a cold and have been feeling tired and unmotivated so we haven't ventured out much or done anything to exciting this week. But since this is pretty much my journal here are a few things that went on this week.

-I had a doctors appointment and everything looked good. I had a big old weight gain of 8 pounds in 3 weeks. I guess it's time to lay off the sweets. My total weight gain so far is 24 pounds and I still have 6 to 8 weeks left that usually add a pound a week. Oh well. I guess I'll worry about running after the baby comes out.

-Maddie did awesome at her tumble-a-thon. She did 100 tricks and ended up raising just over $100. Thanks so much to everyone who pledged and supported Maddie in this event. She was very excited! For doing so well she gets to pick a new gymnastics leotard, gym shorts, and a hair thing.
Maddie playing duck, duck, goose after the tumble-a-thon:
-We had a very lengthy discussion with Maddie about fires and fire drills. She's been getting stomach aches lately and I finally figured out what it was. She was feeling worried and stressed because they have been practicing fire drills at school and talking about fire safety.
She's worried about going outside without her coat and other things.
She's worried the smoke alarms won't work in our house (the firefighters stressed changing the batteries or they won't work), she's worried if they go off in the night she won't wake up. I assured her that her dad and I would not leave the house without carrying her and Garen out with us.

She found out that you could start a fire with two pieces of wood so she assumed if two of her toys hit together they too would start a fire. I keep telling her that fires don't happen to often and that we won't have one at school or at home, but she believes there will be one for sure or else they wouldn't practice so much. The things a 5 year old can conjure up in her little mind! :)
-We babysat my neighbors 5 month old baby and the kids loved it! Maddie got to feed him a bottle and hold him before she headed off t0 school. And Garen was very interested and kept bringing him toys and sticking his binki in his mouth. So I think Garen will be happy with the new baby, probably till he figures out she's staying. And Maddie said she wants to be in charge of feeding the baby a bottle each day-I haven't broke the news to her yet that the new baby probably won't be using a bottle.
-We finally carved some pumpkins. Maddie has been wanting to do this all week long, but we wanted to involve Andy and since he hasn't been getting home till it's to late we had to wait till Saturday night. Garen was super excited and stuck his hand right in the first pumpkin and yanked it right back out with a terrified look on his face. He didn't touch the slimpy things again after that. Maddie did a good job cleaning her pumpkin out and then she drew the face on for me to cut out.
Maddie's pumpkin face-

Maddies'-

Guess what Andy carved-
yep, that's me-
There's mine-

-Maddie had her primary program today at church. She said her speaking part so well from memory! And she pulled faces at her dad instead of singing the songs. :)

2 comments:

Alisha Wilkins said...

Andy's pumpkin is cute and pretty creative! :)

Maddi's hair is so cute in those pics!

Johnsons said...

Andy is such a dork! I love it though. Maddie is so grown up. I'm glad they liked taking care of a baby. Miss you.