Tuesday, October 28, 2008

making room for baby and the flu again

I've been looking around for a little dresser or something to provide a bit more space for all the baby clothes that will be added to all of Maddie's clothes. I really didn't want to buy a $200 dresser and I was lucky enough to find one at the DI last time I looked.
before-

Maddie telling Andy where to put the bee-

We sanded it and repainted it. So now I can start going through and washing Maddie's old baby clothes and finding out what I have enough off and what I get to go out and buy.
After-

Andy painted all the little purple flowers on-


So far Maddie is okay with us moving her play kitchen to the basement so we can have room for the new dresser and pretty soon a crib in her room.
Maddie's never really had to share a room (since Garen didn't ever sleep at night till after he was one he slept in my room, and when Garen turned one they had their own rooms) or any of her things before so we'll see how it goes.



-And yesterday I some how managed to catch the flu bug. I really think it should be some kind of rule that pregnant people should not be able to get the flu! Late Sunday night I thought I was just nauseous like I get often but in the middle of the night I could not stop throwing up! (I got tired of getting up to go in the bathroom so poor Andy had to deal with me throwing up in a bucket in bed). It was awful. It's one thing to have your stomach aching but to have that ache smashed up into your ribs and then to have the baby kick it all night was not the most pleasant feeling. After a blessing from Andy I did get a bit of sleep. But I could not believe the toll it took on my body. Even though the throwing up had stopped I was so weak and tired. So it made a world of difference that Andy was able to stay home from work and take care of things with the kids so I could rest.

Thanks Andy for putting up with me all day, taking care of the kids, going shopping and cleaning up!

7 comments:

Tom and Cortney said...

that is so cute.. way to be crafty.. oh I want to see ya next time you come home.. sorry you haven't been feeling well.

Jenni said...

That dresser is so cute. You guys did a great job refinishing it. I love the flowers and bugs.
I'm so sorry you were sick. It stinks when you feel that gross and your pregnant because it's not like you can take anything for it. I hope you start to recover and it goes quickly.

Johnsons said...

You guys did a great job with the dresser. I'm proud of my brother for stepping up and being Mr. Mom. I'm sorry you've been so sick. I hope you feel better soon.

Korbi said...

ooh, i hope that you feel better soon! you won my "200th post" drawing, send me your address and what you want! :)
sarakb8@hotmail.com

dersley said...

So Sorry you all have been sick. Hopefully everybody is on the mend. And from your older post with the kindergarten pictures of you and maddie, I think you guys look a ton the same. Both of you are so so cute!

Melissa Hernandez said...

sorry your sick, that's no fun! but the dresser turned out darling!

Niki said...

I love the dresser! That is super cute. I hope you are feeling better.