Friday, January 4, 2008

Hardware Ranch

Yesterday we took the kids to Hardware Ranch to see the Elk. It's a place up Blacksmith Fork Canyon were they feed the Elk to try and prevent them from going down the mountain and eating people's crops. It was a lot of fun. We took a sleigh ride right through the middle of the 500 elk and got to hear the babies talking to each other, and see the large Elk butting their antlers together, and see a baby feeding off his mom. It was really cool. I've never seen so many elk up close before. The kids really enjoyed it as well. Maddie thought the ride was the best and Garen kept pointing and laughing at all the elk.
The ride to and from the Ranch was just beautiful. And on our way home we spotted about 15 deer.
When we got back into town the kids were hungry and we were still a ways from our house so we stopped at McDonalds (something we rarely do). The kids had fun playing on the play place (which I'm sure is filthy).
When we got home we quickly changed into our swimming suits and all went to the near by High School for a little swim. Since it is a lap pool, the water is a bit cold. This didn't bother Maddie one bit, but Garen was not happy. After about 20 minutes, Garen was still not having fun so Andy took him and they went to the gym to watch a basketball game. Maddie and I stayed for another hour and had a blast. Maddie's always been a little to afraid to jump off the diving board, but I convinced her to this time. After she jumped off once, she wouldn't stop. She probably did the diving board about 25 times; and towards the end I didn't have to catch her. We played all kinds of games and she was sad when we had to get out, but it was getting late! It was so nice to have Andy home for a day and to be able to spend the day as a family doing fun and exciting things!



2 comments:

Jenni said...

You guys always have the coolest adventurous. Where do you find out about this stuff? I need to be motivated to have family activities like this when Zach has a day off.

Korbi said...

this is Korbi replying to your post you left me. My sister and I own and run a gymnastic/bilingual preschool and kindergarten with two other gals. It's called AIM school and Gymnastics (Athletes In Motion and Academics in Motion) The preschool is actually called Little Genius School. I teach Spanish to 3 and 4 year olds. It is way fun and I get to act like a kid all the time. I only teach 4 hours a week so it is nice and then I also coach a competitive cheer squad ages 5-11. I plan on teaching with Paisley in a front pack, but you never know what will happen, I may be blown out of the water having 2 kids.... Bound to happen. :) I am going to put Beck in my preschool class, he actually does well listening in a school setting even though he will only be 2 1/2, :) We'll see how it goes.