Sunday, January 20, 2008

Painting

Tonight was the first time I let Garen really full out paint. He had a lot of fun but the end result was a huge mess. Paint in his mouth, hair, whole body, floor, table, chair, etc. I'm glad I decided to ditch his clothes before we started.


Maddie loves playing computer games. But what she loves more is when her brother watches her play. She loves to show him things and most of all they like to laugh hysterically at everything! That's one of my favorite sounds- both my kids laughing so hard at each other that they can't hardly breathe.

6 comments:

Alisha Wilkins said...

You are a brave woman with the painting! I don't know if I could have done that, but looks like her really loved it!

Jenni said...

I love how you talked about Maddie and Garen playing together. It helps me realize that having more then one kid is not only doable but also fun.

Robnz Fam said...

I would LOVE to be there when they are both laughing like that together! Good job on the painting project Garen :o).

Kelsie said...

Emily,

tell garin he will have to paint me a masterpiece... love it love it love it...

suz young said...

Good for you letting them create like that, and now I remember why our house was hardly ever neat and tidy. There is something about the education classes that encourages creativity for children and it stuck with me too! I love being around children with uncontrollable laughter. I have had some good laughs with the grandkids and that is what keeps me young. God bless them!

megan said...

wowsers! you are one brave mama!!! I need to let caden do that someday...someday when there is someone else there to clean it all up! :-)