Friday, January 25, 2008

Girl's lunch, rough night, and new opportunities

Thursday afternoon Andy's sister, Amber and Andy's Cousin, Chelsea came over for lunch. They both brought their super cute 5 month old babies. I miss holding these tiny ones that don't scream 'No' and squirm around. Maddie loved reading stories and giving toys to the little ones. And I enjoyed the adult company. I forgot to get a good picture of us, but Maddie had the camera. Here are a few of her shots. (there were many shots of the walls and floors and other odd pictures).
baby Hannah-
baby Levi-
Maddie's feet-
Maddie's eye-
Me holding Hannah and the back of Amber's head (good job taking pictures for me Maddie :) She takes after grandma Sue)-
Thursday night about 3 AM Maddie woke up screaming!!! (something she never does). She ran in our bedroom and started to tell me something was in her room making noises and it was alive. I had put the humidifier in her room last night after she was asleep because she's had kind of a flemmy cough. So I try and tell her that it's just the humidifier in her room. But then she starts saying her legs are so hot. And I feel her head and body and she is totally burning up! I'm about to get some Tylenol when she starts to throw up yellow stomach acid. I rush her to the bathroom where she continues to throw up and then frantically has to go potty. So it was either sit on the toilet and throw up on the floor or keep throwing up in the toilet and pee on the floor. yikes! So she obviously gets put in the bath-a cool bath to try and cool her temperature. When we finally got her all cleaned up with some medicine and a cold rag; I got the thermometer out. And her temp was 102.5! She's sitting on our bed looking awful and I said, "I'm so sorry you don't feel good." And she replies "I'll be fine." What a little sweety.
There was no complaining or crying out of her at all. She ended up sleeping in the bed with me and Andy were I kept close watch on her temp. and how she was doing. (she was getting pretty silly for awhile, I'm not sure if that high temp was getting to her or if she just felt silly)
Anyway, we didn't get much sleep, but Maddie is feeling much better today.
After just a few hours of sleep, I got up to go substitute an ESL (English Second Language) class. I was so tired driving over there, but once the day started, I really enjoyed it.


Now onto the new opportunities. Andy informed me today that he received a call about some job openings with Sports Authority that they wanted Andy to think about. The jobs are in Wyoming and Colorado. Also Andy had a meeting tonight about a job with the church. We're not jumping into anything, just looking at our options and see were Andy can get the best experience and make a bit more money. We'll see where it takes us.
And on a side note- TWO MORE DAYS TILL ANDY AND I LEAVE FOR SOME ALONE TIME IN LAS VEGAS!

4 comments:

Alisha Wilkins said...

"I'll be Fine" is definitely coming from YOUR daughter's mouth! How cute that she takes after you in so many ways!
Hope she keeps feeling better and no one else gets what she had!

Job opportunities far away! Holy Moly! Good luck though, even though it might mean moving FARTHER away!

Have fun in Vegas! So jealous! :)

dersley said...

Oh, Poor Maddie! I hope she gets better quick.

And, though I am just a little biased, can I vote that you move to Colorado. Then we could be neighbors again, just like the good ol' days!!! Congrats to Andy for making a reputation for himself that makes his company want to advance him.

Jenni said...

I have totally sympathy with you for Maddie's sick night. Sick kids are so sad. Good luck with the new job options. I'm sure you guys will make the best decision for your family.

Korbi said...

AHHH Vegas! We went there on our honeymoon, I had never been. We've been back 3 times since, once was Beck's first plane ride. Have fun! Alone time is the best.... :)I should've done it again before Paisley comes....