Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A few new things this week.

First of all Garen went to nursery on Sunday and stayed in nursery without crying for the last hour and 15 minutes!!!! This is huge progress for Garen, because he does not like people in general and he does not like being left. There is one guy in the nursery that Garen has attached himself to, so that helps. Thank goodness they call men to be in the nursery these days!
It was nice to have Garen stay so that Andy could come help me try and teach a lesson to our five brand new sunbeams. We had some crying at first but once we whipped out the play dough all was well.

Instead of 'cheese' I had them say 'I am a child of god.' They weren't quite done saying it when I took the picture. :) Here are 4 of the kids, at this point we had lost one to a wet accident.
On Monday, we bought a new van. Andy and I finally felt good about the same van and went ahead and brought it home. It's a Chrysler Town and Country Lxi (white). It's used, but new to us. We love it and are very blessed to have found something so perfect in our price range (since we weren't planning on buying a new vehicle).

When I had Maddie in the van, she said "I feel like we are at grandma Sue's house because we are riding in a van." (She loves riding in grandma's van). She also said, "this is kinda like a house in here." I guess our old car was a little more crammed then I thought, since Maddie thinks this car upgrade is comparable to a house!

Tuesday I had fun substituting first grade and then resource. I came home and Andy had the kids outside with him all bundled up and playing in the snow. What a good daddy!
Most kids like to build forts/castles to play in. Maddie rather build it then destroy it, then build it again-
And then Tues. night me and the kids got to go watch Andy play his first city league basketball game this year. They won in overtime by 3! After the game the kids got to play ball with us for a little while.

when there was a timeout or half time, Garen was right there on top of Andy ready to play some ball with him-
Then today we got a ton of snow, but were to busy to go play in it. (we've got tomorrow) The morning started with Garen waking us up nice and early. I went to the gym, showered quickly, got Maddie to ballet a few minutes late, lunch, Garen's nap, Preschool, my doctor's appointment. Then pickup Maddie from babysitters, dinner, play, cleanup, bedtime routine, and now I am here on the computer.
Maddie's ballet class has increased from 5 girls to 11. Maddie loves the extra friends and the extra giggles. Maddie's ballet teacher is so good with this large group of 4 year olds and I just found out the teacher is about 17 weeks pregnant!
I'm excited for a mostly uneventful day tomorrow, so me and the kids can play in the snow followed by cartoons and hot cocoa.

3 comments:

Alisha Wilkins said...

Congrats on the new van! How fun! :)
Hooray for nursery too!
But seriously when you blog about your busy days it totally makes my 'busy' days seem like a walk in the park! I can't believe how much you can get done in one day! You amaze me!
Your Sunday class looks so precious! We only had ONE move out of the nursery so we combined him with the CTR 5 class, all of them are still really young so it worked out great.
It's weird to watch that video and hear Andy being the commentary person! He is always so quiet when I am around! I am waiting for the wind to stop blowing so Taylor and I can go out and play (and my cold to leave too!)
See you soon!

suz young said...

I love your van. I didn't know you were so close to the ocean! JK
When you get a bigger vehicle it does make a difference in the space you have to share with family all seatbelted in around you.
I love the picture of Garen with his arm around Andy at the game. Great movie of the castle getting kicked!
I am glad you can look forward to a day with more choices at home the rest of the week.
That is a precious picture of all those little ballerinas.

Jenni said...

I agree with Alisha. Your busy days are crazy and they definitely make my busy days seem like nothing. Congratulations on the new van too. That should be one less stress for you now.