Thursday, September 4, 2008

25 weeks and counting


I can't believe 25 weeks have already gone by! With the way time is flying by I don't know if I'll be ready come December. But I am feeling great. The nauseousness has pretty much gone and with Maddie at school during Garen's nap, it really gives me time to relax for a short while!
I've never know this freedom before.-I was always in school or working when Maddie was little and when Garen was born Maddie was long done with naps, so I've never had that quiet time in the middle of the day. I'm loving it, even though I miss my Maddie. She's only been in school a couple of days and I've already got to have a nice long bath without anyone walking in or banging on the door, I pulled out my scrapbooking stuff that has not been touched for about a year, I watched a chick flick, and I even got a nap one day! I'm going to enjoy it while I can because in the next few weeks I'm sure Garen will decide to not nap anymore and we'll have a newborn here soon.
So besides the large protruding belly and the pressure that comes with it, I am feeling really good. Maddie and I (Garen in the bike trailer) ride bikes to her school every morning and home every afternoon, and we also ride to the library once a week. I probably look funny all huge on the bike trying to peddle up a hill against the Wyoming wind, but I can still do it and it feels good.
Hopefully the next 15 (or less) weeks will go by just as quickly and our baby girl will be here before we know it!

7 comments:

Alisha Wilkins said...

Cute belly!

Nicole said...

I'm glad you got some R&R time. You definitely deserve it. You look great- hope you're feeling that way too!

Korbi said...

look at that cute little belly. It's funny to think of us all 5-6 years ago. I cringe when I think of how insignificant that life was compared to all of our roles now. These sweet angels we are entrusted with, these manly men that we get to spend forever with. Ha! Okay, enough sentiment, way to go Emily, the belly looks superb!

Jenni said...

Hurray for baths were the kids don't run in. They are my favorite. I hope that when I'm someday that far along I can still pedal around on my bike.

Melissa Hernandez said...

I'm glad you are getting some R&R time!!

Mandi said...

So cute, I am so glad that you are getting a little quiet time in! It is my sanity right now. Your belly is so cute. I miss mine. Now I am left with a big bowl of jello that I don't remember with the other 2!

chel_t said...

YOUR BELLY IS SO CUTE!