Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten!

Today was Maddie's first day of school!!! We didn't get home till about 10:30 last night so she got to bed later then usual, but that didn't seem to affect her at all this morning. She was so excited to go! Andy got to be home this first morning so we made eggs had breakfast together and made Maddie's lunch. Then we all walked over to the school. As we were leaving Maddie said "I wanted to walk to school by myself." So I guess she doesn't need us anymore, but we walked her to her class anyway.


She went in, hung up her stuff and went to coloring. There were lots of parents in there, but we felt silly hanging around when Maddie was apparently ready to start her Kindergarten day without mom and dad.
Garen gave her lots of hugs and kept saying, "goodbye sister." He will miss her during the day!

This is how far away the school is from our house-

walking to school-

Ready to go in-

I was glad to see Maddie come out of school with a smile on her face. She told me all about coloring, playing in the playhouse, 3 recesses, lunch with her friends and some other things they made. She can't wait to go back tomorrow!



Maddie is also starting gymnastics today! She is very excited. She's been doing gymnastics since she was 2 and when we moved here they were all filled up so she had to go without for a couple months. But we got her into this new session and we'll see how that goes tonight.

One other first thing today, I met with the midwife that will be delivering this baby. She was super nice and I think I made the right choice in doctors. The babies heartbeat is great, I'm measuring right on, and everything looks wonderful!

5 comments:

Johnsons said...

What a cute grown up Maddie. It was so fun to see you guys and spend time playing. I'm glad you had a good weekend and that you can be home for some rest...yeah right.

Melissa Hernandez said...

How nice that the school is right there!! We are starting mommy/baby gymnastics Friday and I can't even tell you how excited I am about it. Okay, so question, midwife? Does that mean you don't get drugs, you're doing this at home???

SAYDA said...

I can't believe how independent Miss Maddie is! She wanted to walk by herself....wow! That is so great that school is right there. I hope she loves her teacher. I know her teacher will love her. She looks so cute with that huge backpack as she is walking away. Good luck with your pregancy.
Sayda

chel_t said...

Hi Emily! IT's your cousin Chelsea Tripp! I can't believe Maddie is in kindergarten already! She looks so cute and grown up! I'm still sad we didn't get to do water babies swim class together! haha! Me and Hanah need to come up and visit sometime! Miss you guys!

Kelsie said...

haha i love that little girl of yours. she is so dang cute.. so tell me about how you are doing?