Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Nature Walk


I got to volunteer to go with Maddie's Kindergarten class on a nature walk today. It was so fun to see her interact with the kids in her class. They all wanted to hold her hand and I could always hear one of the kids yelling out "Maddie wait!" I was glad to see her behaving herself and to see that she is enjoying her friends and teacher!
The teacher did a great job with the walk. The kids made a list of things they thought they might see before they went. They looked for all those things, found shape in everything, and she pointed out every street sign and address along the way. You could tell the kids were just eating it up!
Yesterday was the first day I let her walk to school by herself. She was very excited. The truth is that if I stand on my back deck I can see her walk the whole way except for about the last 10 feet to the front door. So she gets to be big and walk by herself and I still get to be protective mom and watch her the whole way.

So Maddie is just loving every minute of Kindergarten and I am so glad!

3 comments:

chel_t said...

Maddie is so adorable! That's so good that she loves kindergarten! And that's awesome that you guys are so close to the school! I'm so glad you guys are doing so good up there! It sounds like you guys are adapting so well.

Anonymous said...

WOW! You have quit the grown up little girl!

megan said...

but is Emily loving every minute of Maddie's kindergarten? Just wondered if you are enjoying it, sad about it, or some of both? she's a cutie!