Friday, September 19, 2008

My Dear Grandma Vonnie


My grandmother has been battling bone cancer for a few years now and things have been positive. But the last couple months have taken a turn for the worst and my sweet, and wonderfully funny grandma has become extremely weak.
She is still hanging on, but is now non responsive and she has not had anything to eat or drink for 6 days. So it looks like her job well done is over very soon here on Earth. She will be sorely missed, but I know she will finally feel comfortable again soon.

I will miss her dancing in her bathrobe in the kitchen and listening to her play the guitar and singing her old country songs!

I leave tomorrow morning with my two sisters and my dad (my mom is already out there) to Minnesota. I am very thankful to Andy's mom for jumping in and helping with the kids so I can make this trip.

4 comments:

Alisha Wilkins said...

Em,
I am so sorry to hear this news. My prayers are with you and your family at this time.
Have a safe trip there and back.
Luvs-Alisha

Nicole said...

I'm sorry to hear your sad news. Have a safe trip, and I too will have you in my prayers.

gizcallyomom said...

Oh, Em I wish I was close enough to be there to watch the kids and most of all give you a hug. Love you so much. You take care and you and your incredible family are in my thoughts.

chel_t said...

I'm so sorry hon! I've got you and your fam in my prayers! She's in a better place! XOXO