Saturday, September 6, 2008

Rec. Center

Well this Saturday morning was spent babysitting the little neighbor girl and cleaning the house. By lunch I just needed a change of scenery.

So the kids and I decided to try out the family recreation center just down the street. It is only $4 to get in and use anything and kids under 6 are free. They have a ice arena there, but I didn't think that would be a good idea for a big old pregnant person falling all over the ice with two kids-maybe in a few months.

So we spent almost 2 hours swimming. It was great! Maddie is pretty good at swimming so she got to practice while I worked on Garen loosening his death grip on my swimming suit. It felt nice on me too, to have the water take the pressure off my hips and back. After swimming we warmed up in the spa.



Then I let the kids play in the indoor play yard for awhile longer. We used the giant blocks to build a great big house to play in. It was a fun afternoon. (To bad I forgot my camera).

When we got home Garen was ready for a good nap and Maddie just wanted to chill and watch one of her movies-that works great for me! :) Maddie doesn't get much of change for her favorite cartoons anymore with being in school all day and starting gymnastics. But she is really loving school and has so much to show and tell me when she gets home!

2 comments:

dersley said...

What a fun looking place. That is way cool too that kids under six are free.

Robnz Fam said...

How fun! I want a place like that! I'm SO excited that my office hours are over. The secretary I just hired is taking over the office. Today I woke up with Emi, got to take our time getting dressed, ate lunch together (I never have time to eat with her!), and just had fun! So, my point...I'm going to go out and find a fun place like that for us!

Your belly is SO cute Em! Maybe I can see you again before due date time??