Sunday, May 10, 2009

Hogle Zoo

Maddie's Girls Scout troop went to Hogle Zoo. Instead of letting my 5 year old ride 3 hours with a group of girls and leaders I don't know that well, we went to Sara's hose Friday night. And Sara was nice enough to watch Sophie and Garen on Saturday while I took Maddie and Abby to the zoo.

It was crazy busy there; I was so glad to have the two older girls and no stroller, no baby, no run away 2 year old and no diaper bag!

I had so much fun with the girls! We had lunch, saw all the animals, rode the train, played at the park. Then after the rest of the troop left I took the girls to the bird show, which they loved!!! Then I let them ride the carousel.
It's funny how opposite these cousins are. When Maddie saw something she wanted to see she just ran ahead to see it, Abby made sure to always stay close. At the bird show they asked everyone to please stay seated and not to reach out to any of the birds. So first thing Maddie does is stand up as the birds fly over, and you hear Abby say, "Maddie they said don't stand up!"
On our way back to Sara's we stopped for ice cream.

We didn't get back to Sara's till 5PM so we had to leave right away to get home before it got to dark. The time in Salt Lake was wonderful, but the drives were not!

Sophie screamed on the way to Sara's house, we had to stop several times. Then we stopped at Zurchers party store to grab some stuff for the upcoming birthdays. And my little car sick boy threw up as soon as we got in there. I caught most of it in Sophie's blanket and all over my shirt. So I was trying to clean up Garen, Sophie was crying and Maddie was saying "oh please can I have these candles and this princess crown.." What a mess.
Then on our way home I gave Garen two different doses of medicine. You could tell he didn't feel well, but he didn't throw up. But Sophie screamed and then spit up the whole bottle she was drinking on herself. I was just glad to finally walk in the door at 9PM and pass some of the kids over to Andy.



















No comments: