Thursday, May 28, 2009

A very full day

Today was Andy's day off and we were able to accomplish quit a bit. My morning started with making breakfast and walking Maddie to school, followed by visiting teaching and then a primary presidency meeting.

During my meetings Andy and Garen worked hard outside tilling up the dirt and cutting up our Christmas tree (yes, I said Christmas tree!). Andy also gave Garen a haircut. I couldn't believe how much hair came off of that kid!
When I got home I painted the stairway (I painted the bathroom yesterday).

Andy put stepping stones in along the side of our house, which the kids are love playing on. Andy was also going to plant some grass seed on the side of the house, but ran into a small problem when our sprinkles went to turn on. While tilling up the dirt with his shovel Andy hit the sprinkler line and water started spilling out everywhere. One more trip to Home Depot (that makes three today and one yesterday) for some replacement pipe and some work to do first thing in the morning and everything will be fine.
It was really fun to have Andy home all day and the kids loved playing outside way past their bedtime with this beautiful weather.



Sophie's first ride in the swing-

we finally brought the high chair upstairs. Everyone of my kids prop their foot up there while they eat.-


Sophie is still waking up several times during the night. Her bassinet is getting way to small for her and I hate putting her in Maddie's room in crib because it takes away from Maddie's sleep and I have to walk a lot further 5 times a night. So dad and Garen took the crib apart, moved it to our room, and put it back together.-


working hard-


before the haircut-

in the middle of the haircut-

After- Maddie keeps calling him Joren and Colton, his cousins, because of the buzzed head. Garen just laughs.

4 comments:

Johnsons said...

You totally should have kept Garen's hair at the "middle of the haircut" stage! That's so funny.

Alisha Wilkins said...

I can't believe how much you two can accomplish in one single day! It's amazing!
You really cut his hair! Great for the summer heat...Love the mohawk picture too! :)

suz young said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
suz young said...

That was me that deleted; I can't stand it when I type in a wrong letter.
Garen does look like the Joren and Colton haircut! The mohawk was kind of unique and you could have dyed it red. Maybe not.
We all have perfect plans - baby to sleep through the night, crib to be in the other room etc. etc. etc. but it is a good thing we can adapt.