Saturday, May 23, 2009

Garen

A few things about Garen lately-

-Garen finally talked to his swimming teacher. It took three weeks of lessons and on the last day he finally talked to her and did the things she asked. He also finally got brave enough to put on a life jacket and let go of me. When he learned how fun it was to swim where he wanted to all by himself that's all he wanted to do.

-We had a new loaf of french bread that I left on the counter. I went upstairs to get Sophie and when I came back down he had it on his lap on the couch. I went to get it and realized the entire inside of the loaf was gone! Smart boy just eats the best parts.

-Whenever we go somewhere Garen grabs one of his 5 hats. Then he names that hat after the place we are going. It's his swimming hat, his girl scouts hat, his store hat, his park hat, and so on.

-Garen is very into making everything for boys. When I asked if he wanted to watch Madagascar he said he wants to watch 'boygascar.' If Maddie plays with something it is automatically a girl toy.

-Garen came downstairs and ran for his sister. He gave Maddie giant hug and said, "you're my best friend!" Garen also insists on calling Maddie, puppy. They play dogs alot, but he gets mad when we talk to Maddie without calling her puppy.



-Garen got to go to yet another birthday party. When I or anyone says, 'you'll be 3 soon, he gets mad and says I'm Two!!' There has been several of the same people at the last few birthday parties and they have given Garen the award of messiest cake eater. That's my boy!


-Garen's favorite game to play right now is the 'where's Garen Game.' It consists of me saying where's Garen while he hides in the Ottoman or behind the couch.
-One of Garen's favorite things to do right now is play the computer. He loves the Alphabet Express game the best.
-we just got this little picnic table today. We thought it would be nice with all the up coming parties and extra little kids around with no place to sit. Both the kids love it already!

1 comment:

suz young said...

I love the bread story. Where do they learn this stuff? That is so funny eating the whole inside of the French bread!