Tuesday, June 2, 2009

There's no way she can be 6 already!

I love my Maddie girl more than I can express. She came to me at the unprepared age of 19. She taught me how to forget myself and truly care for another. She taught me true happiness and joy. She taught me patience and forgiveness. I couldn't have asked for anything greater to happen to my life at that time.

Maddie was an amazing baby, sleeping through the night at 2 weeks old and rarely being seen without a smile on her face. She was great with change as she got passed around while I finished school and we moved 4 times. Maddie just adjusted with each change and enjoyed every minute of it.

Maddie is my little social butterfly; talking to strangers, running up to stray dogs to pet them, and being the center of attention.

She is a wonderful big sister and is so kind with her younger brother and sister, always teaching them something new.

She is the toughest little girl around. I've seen her fall from tops of trees and monkey bars without a tear. She's ran into parked trucks with her bike and skinned her knees and hands, then just hoped up and continued to ride.

Maddie loves to try new things and be busy all the time. When there is a point in the day where she is not in school, girl scouts, gymnastics, swimming, playing with a friend, etc-she is wanting to know what's next and how long she has to wait to do it.

Happy Birthday to my little girl who is no longer little! We love you!!!

Here's a random look back of the 6 years that went by way to quickly!





















Here are a few questions I asked Maddie on her 6th birthday:
*What is your favorite color? green (that was a surprise to me)
*Why do you like your brother? He plays with me
*Why do you like Sophie? She is so cute and she talks to me
*Why do you like dad? He plays games with me
*Why do you like mom? She makes me dinner
*What is your favorite thing to do? Ride my bike
*What is your favorite toy? My giant pink bunny
*What is your favorite food? Spaghetti
*What is your favorite thing to do at school? Recess
*Who is your best friend? Alyx
*What is your favorite craft to make? snowflakes
*What do you want to be when you grow up? A gymnast
*What is your favorite TV show? Tom and Jerry
*What is your favorite Move? The Grinch Who Stole Christmas-not the animated one
*What is your favorite game to play? Clue Jr.
*What is your favorite sport? Basketball
*How many teeth do you think you will loose while you are 6? 2
*What was your favorite thing you did while you were 5? jump rope
*What is something you want to do this Summer? Ride my bike to the park
*Where is your favorite place to play in our house? The basement
*What is your favorite thing about church? coloring pictures
*Why do you like Mrs. Magnuson (Kindergarten Teacher)? She helps me when I get mixed up on my papers
*What is your favorite book? There's a Dragon in My Backpack.
*What do you want to teach your younger siblings? cartwheels
*How many brothers and sisters do you want? 3 brothers and 3 sisters (I'm afraid that's not going to happen :I)

6 comments:

Johnsons said...

Wow, six. Time sure goes by quickly. I remember going to the hospital to see you guys after she was born. It doesn't seem like it's been that long. Love the pictures and Maddie's answers to the questions. See ya soon.

Ben and Sara said...

Happy Birthday Maddie!! We didn't get a chance to call you today, but we will call you tomorrow. I hope you had a fun birthday!

Alisha Wilkins said...

Happy Birthday Maddie!

Loved all the flashback photos! Especially the one with the mask on! :)

Korbi said...

Happy Birthday Maddie!

suz young said...

Wow, you sure know how to make a grandma and grandpa tear up. Dad said to look at your birthday blog and commented on how you were so aware of the lessons you have learned as a mother. Well, it is you children that gave me my understanding of many virtues in life.
And looking at the baby pictures of Maddie, which I remember taking, I thought that age would last forever, but it didn't. But we have the images to always remind us. She was just as aware at two months as she is now.I don't know how she could stay up late as a toddler when we were in Minnesota and still be the life of the party, and not be crabby. It's a good thing you are her mother, because you were the same way, but I wasn't as much like you as you are Maddie.

Jenni said...

I can't believe you have a six year old. It makes me feel old. I loved all the flashback pictures. Maddie is so beautiful and smart. I loved reading the answers to the questions.