Monday, June 1, 2009

A weekend with friends

One of my best friends, Brenda, and her kids, Jacob and Danny came out to visit us this weekend! They got here Friday night and stayed till Sunday night. It was so fun to spend that time with Brenda. And Maddie and Garen loved playing with the boys. And let me tell you, it was nonstop playing.

We went to two parks, spent hours in the basement, spent hours outside, watched movies, played games, had birthday ice cream to celebrate Maddie's birthday early. Brenda and I stayed up late talking and watching TV.

The first night the kids were way to excited to go to bed. I'd go upstairs and catch Maddie on her tummy with her head in her hands whispering down the hall to the two boys doing the same thing.

They all got to come to church with us and Maddie was more than pleased to have Jacob with her in Primary.

My friends at church would ask, is that your sister here today. I would tell them it was my friend and they were very jealous because none of their friends make the trip to Rock Springs to visit.

I am very lucky to have such a wonderful friend! Thanks for coming Brenda. We miss you guys already!








1 comment:

suz young said...

That's great that Brenda and boys would make the trip. What true friendship. We all love her like a sister and daughter!