Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Dumb Moment at Walmart


So I'm usually the type that keeps track of things, makes lists, and makes sure things are in order. Somehow I lost that skill at Walmart last week. Andy was home so I took advantage of being kid free to get a long list of things from Walmart. I was was in the store for nearly 2 hours. I finally make it back out to the van and I can't find my keys. So I decide to load everything (yes my doors are unlock) and then start looking for them. I open the back and hear music playing. After few minutes of confusion I realize the keys are in the ignition and the van is running! I left the van running for almost two hours in the Walmart parking lot!!! I felt like the biggest idiot. Luckily I didn't run out of gas.

But to be fair and hopefully make me look a little less ditsy I got a phone call right as I was parking-I must have been very distracted. I guess that's why it's a good idea to not drive and talk on your phone. :0

6 comments:

Jann said...

I am glad to know that there are honest people in Rock Springs and didn't take your van. That is hilarious. Hope you are OK now.

Robnz Fam said...

LOL!!!!! Oh Em...that's stinkin' hilarious. Do you remember when your mom called me at Wal-mart (on my cell phone, might I add) and I said, "how did you know I was here?"

It's Wal-mart...does something to you.

dersley said...

Oh that is funny!!! I think doing things like that is just part of motherhood.

Alisha Wilkins said...

That is so dang funny!
I love it! ;)
Miss your face.....

Kristi Thompson said...

Oh my gosh....that is hilarious!! I had a similar incident in the walmart parking lot as well. I was pregnant at the time and was going to walmart with my neighbor and her little boy. We went in and did our shopping and came back out and I COULDN'T FIND MY KEYS. I looked EVERYWHERE!!! I found them in the ignition. Right where I'd left them. OOPS!! I so totally blame it on being pregnant.

paul said...

Suz says - Join the club! When I was in Syracuse I went to a store and as I walked into the store I clicked the lock button on the key. When I came out my trunk lid was open. Ya gotta turn around and check once in awhile. We won't even talk about the Mentos and Mandy experience!