Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Primary Program

Our primary program was on Sunday. I never knew how much work goes into these because I've always only watched. But this year being in the primary presidency I got to be there for the weeks of practice and the work behind the scenes. Saturday was a practice program, we had 50 kids show up. We attempted to get them in their assigned seats, helped all of them say their parts, tried to get them to stand and sit at the same time to sing the songs, and after all that we had a pizza party for them. I think it was Divine intervention when Andy got scheduled off on Saturday (which rarely happens) because I don't know if I could have helped with the 16 sunbeams, picked up pizzas and dished up 50 kids while holding Sophie and dragging Garen around.
On Sunday I sat with the CTR 5 class since their teacher wasn't there and everything went smoothly.
Maddie did a wonderful job with her part and the singing teacher came up to me after and told me what a great voice Maddie has.
Andy also did great sitting alone with Sophie and Garen.

2 comments:

Robnz Fam said...

Ah Maddie, she is growing up. So cute.

paul said...

Suz says - I love those programs! Our Stake Primary Presidency had to visit four of them on one Sunday! We all went to the first two, but the last two were so close together that we had to split up.I would have loved to hear Maddie's part and all the other grandkids in all of your various towns. The Primary children all seem to be stronger in testimony and knowledge of the gospel.