Friday, October 2, 2009

Plans Change

My Plans for yesterday:
-Get up early and do Maddie's hair cute for school pictures
-Maddie walks to school
-clean up house, and finish Girls Scout stuff
-Meet friends for a birthday lunch
-Get Maddie from school
-Take all the kids with me to Parent/Teacher Conference
-Soccer Practice
-Dinner
-Drop kids off at babysitter while Andy and I go to a Primary Teacher Development meeting
-Get kids to bed
-Relax


What really happened:
-Garen got sick all night with a high fever and body aches
-Sophie woke up early because she had leaked through her diaper
-Garen was up early feeling miserable
-Maddie slept in late leaving me no time to do her hair for pictures.
-It Snowed! and was way to cold for her to walk, so I loaded all the kids up to take Maddie to school.
-Spent the day holding Sophie, putting cold rags on Garen's head, giving him Tylenol, rubbing his aching legs, and getting him juice
-Missed my friends birthday lunch
-Lay down with Garen so he would take a nap, just as I fell asleep with him, Sophie woke up.
-Made Andy come home early from work so I could go to parent/teacher conference without the kids.
-Took Maddie to soccer which they ended up canceling.
-Helped Maddie with her homework.
-Made a quick dinner, Garen didn't eat and just wanted to lay down, I didn't have time to eat, Maddie ate and I'm not sure about Andy.
-Canceled babysitter and I went to the Primary meeting and Andy stayed with the kids.
-Got home at 9:30
-watched a movie (Push) with Andy.
-12:30 bed.

2 comments:

dersley said...

I hope little Garen is all better and the rest of you didn't catch it. Seeing your little ones sick is the worst.

suz young said...

What would the world do without mothers to pick up the pieces of everyone's lives. One thing we can always count on is that plans will change and we find out that we are way more flexible than we ever imagined we could be.