Friday, June 18, 2010

Walmart

I just have to share this silly little story so I can remember those funny little kid moments. We were off to Walmart since we were down to our last diaper and we wanted to get some tomatoes and other veggies to plant in our little garden. Sophie was getting cranky before we even left so I was trying to hurry. Maddie was taking her time. Finally the threats came, "if you don't get your shoes on and get in the van I am leaving you." She grabbed the nearest shoes and we were off. She picked out some black church shoes with heels, but I wasn't about to wait for her to pick something else.
We get into Walmart and a few steps past the door Maddie slides into the splits. Walmart floor plus slippery, too big, high heeled church shoes = Maddie on floor. I helped her up with a giggle. And sure enough this continued at least 10 more times through Walmart. She would just be walking next to the cart and out of no where she was down on the floor again. At this point Maddie and I were both laughing uncontrollably.
Then Garen decided he wanted in on the action. So everytime Maddie accidentally slipped to the ground Garen would fall too but on purpose. So here we are taking up an entire isle with the kids on the floor (Sophie rubbing the sticky part of a sucker all over her face and hands) and me trying to get them out of people's way but I was laughing so hard I was almost crying.
I think people thought their was something "Special" about me and my family that morning in Walmart!

2 comments:

Johnsons said...

Nice. I can just picture it all.

Alisha Wilkins said...

I would have LOVED to see all of this happen! and I would have been laughing just as hard as I was picturing it in my head! :)

I sure do miss you and your cute little family! I need to make a trip to visit you guys. What's your schedule like the end of July?!?!? :)